Spanish Fort, the “Gateway to the Mobile-Tensaw Delta,” is home to a hidden gem called 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center. The center is an extraordinary facility of the Lands Division of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
What do they offer? 5 Rivers provides a place for outdoor recreation, conservation and land stewardship, and hands-on learning experiences. There is no better place to begin an adventure than in its 250,000-plus acres of scenic waterways, woods, and wetlands; or soak up the natural beauty and incredible history of the region inside the facilities.
This beautiful 81-acre complex has the Apalachee Exhibit Hall, Tensaw Theater, Blakeley Hall Conference Center, Delta Hall, Cypress Gift Shop, and Bartram Landing, one of several stopovers on the Bartram Canoe Trail. The center hosts a variety of special events for children and the whole family throughout the year.
Collaborating directly with the 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center, Wilderness Graphics is currently working on a multi-faceted exhibit project as we strive to upgrade the park to its highest quality. Pictures will be added to each section below as we complete this project throughout the summer.
Summary of Interior Exhibit Work
- Orientation Exhibit
- A multi-layered display on clear acrylic features a map of the Delta area.
- Swamp Shack
- Layered depthscape creates a colorful local fishing shack with taxidermy and artifacts attached throughout the structure and aquariums below that feature local fish.
- Snake Exhibit Enhancements
- Two cedar consoles sport a push button to hear snake sounds and a clear vinyl flip book to learn about snake anatomy. Snake photos fill out the lower exhibit panels.
- Bottle Creek Indian Exhibit
- An angled acrylic vitrine displays a mini diorama of an Indian village viewed from above. An adjacent case displays artifacts and interpretation.
- Alligator Exhibit
- An alligator model with nest and eggs is safely held within a clear case. Adjacent bones and teeth add tactile elements.
- Interactive Pelts Exhibit
- A hands-on display allows visitors to touch the pelts, tracks, and models of scat of local wildlife.
- Classroom Upgrades
- Floor-to-ceiling wall treatments, a glass display case, educational tables, and a digital microscope round out the educational room.
Wilderness Graphics is not just a group of individuals, we are a team that works together to create high-quality exhibits for our clients. From laser-cut pieces to special prints, we can design, build, and install top-notch exhibits for you that look great from any view!